Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The color of the day is... RED!


The first couple weeks of school this year we are spending a few days on each color of the rainbow.  I teach 3 year olds, and lots of them are still learning their colors.
I have different sensory materials for each color.  To dye rice or pasta, I add 2 tbs of rubbing alcohol to a ziplock bag with my dry materials inside.  Add the food coloring until you get the color you like.


One of the flannelboards I made this summer was Dog's Colorful Day by Emma Dodd.  Such a cute, simple story.
I have a tupperware container for each color of the rainbow.  Most of the items in each container are things I found around the house.  I fill each bowl and then dump them on a tray for the preschoolers to sort.  They like to open the bowls and look inside too.  


They are labeled with paint chips and stored on my shelf...



Our RED project was Clifford the Big Red Dog.  



Aren't they cute? 

No comments:

Post a Comment