Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Baby Jesus ornament

Well, I've made it... 24 Handmade ornaments ends today.  This one is what Christmas is all about.  I made this little Baby Jesus in the car on the way home from Phoenix.  This would be a great project for Sunday school teachers if you substitute glue for all the stitching I did.  Luckily I had a big stash of felt in the car with me.  I started by cutting out a very simple baby shape and manger shape.

 Next I embroidered a sweet little face on baby Jesus.  I put 2 circles together so you can't see black thread through the front of the face.



Stitch the manger together and put a little stuffing inside.  I used this yellow yarn for the hay.




I stitched it down but you could definitely glue it.  Last of all, add a little gold pipe cleaner halo to Baby Jesus and you are done.  This ornament would be cute set on top of the branches of your Christmas tree.   


Happy crafting everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jenni. I loved following along with your 24 days of handmade ornaments. I hope you don't mind... I will be linking up to a few of them on Thursday at Tangled Happy. Thanks so much for sharing all this handmade happiness for the holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! Time to look at all the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by to let you know that I have featured your project on Fun Family Crafts! You can see it here
    http://funfamilycrafts.com/baby-jesus-ornament/

    If you have other kid friendly crafts, I'd love it if you would submit them :) If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.

    ReplyDelete