Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

dala horse mittens and a baby sweater


Before we left for Madden's I decided I had to knit these mittens while we there.  I worked on them all week, usually while sitting in a beach chair, surrounded by some of my favorite people in the world.


The pattern was a free chart on Ravelry (an amazing knitting website that offers thousands of knitting patterns, very addictive).  I have a thing for dala horses.


They are little red painted horses from Sweden.  I think they are awfully cute.  I think little Swedish children used to play with them... I really have no idea.  Anyways, they are almost done, and then I will move on to my next project...


A baby sweater for a very special baby... sex unknown.  Which buttons do you like?  I'm thinking about finding yellow duckies.  The baby's mommy has chosen yellow and grey for the nursery which I think sounds very chic.


Did I mention that I love to knit?  I couldn't resist this Rowan yarn... it was half off...
Do you ever think you would like to learn to knit?  I'm thinking about giving lessons!  I learned from my amazing German friend Andrea.  She moved away to Colorado, but I think about her almost every time I pick up my needles.  Have a great day everyone.  xoxo

5 comments:

  1. I would so love to learn how to knit Jenni! I am so enjoying your blog and still want you to come over! I hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen McConnell FowlerAugust 3, 2011 at 6:57 AM

    I am IN LOVE with these mittens!! All my favorite things...knitting, nordic patterns, red and white, mittens....*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know first hand that you would be a GREAT knitting teacher...just wish you lived a LOT closer so I could get better eventually! I love seeing the mittens I personally saw go from a ball of yarn into the finished product....so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw a pic of your mitts on pinterest. How Beautiful. I'm a knitter and one day I hope to be accomplished enough to give something like this a try, still not there yet. You do beautiful work and I'm impressed as all get out. I will save this pattern on ravelry and give it a try one day. Keep up the wonderful work you do. I enjoyed this so much as I am Swedish decent. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenni
    What's the name of the pattern? I want to make them but don't know what to search for on ravelry.
    Thanks!
    Alice x
    http://daintythingies.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete