Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Thursday, August 1, 2013

felt fishing game



How can it be August already?    This summer has flown by.  Today's project is a felt fishing project.  It's time consuming, but your kids will love it when it's done.  Start by cutting out a basic fish shape... you will be sewing 2 together to make a sturdier fish.  You can use tacky glue if you don't want to dust off your sewing machine.


Each of the fish will have a magnet eye on each side.  I got these great magnet dots at Lakeshore learning.


I added some felt details to each fish to make them cute.


I made the fishing rods with dowels, ribbon and washi tape.  I tied a clothespin at the bottom of the fishing pole and hot glued a magnet to it.  


Last of all, I wrote the letters of the alphabet on the fish with black craft paint.


I know my preschoolers will love playing with these.  We will practice putting our letters in order with the fish.  They will be great for color sorting too!

No comments:

Post a Comment