Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Rainbow Fish


One of my favorite things about being a preschool teacher is reading the children books.  I loved reading to my girls when they were little.  Today's fish project is a reproduction of the amazing Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfeister.  It's made with paint chips and paint.

First I made a big foam core rainbow fish.  There are patterns all over... I just eyeballed it.  I grabbed paint chips that were similar colors as the fish.


Mine is pretty big because I plan on using it as a prop when I tell the story.


Cut the paint chips into scale shapes.  Aren't those colors gorgeous?


I also added some tin foil scales...


in the book, the rainbow fish doesn't want to share his shiny scales.  He finds friendship and happiness when he shares... a good lesson for all of us, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment