Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Some coloring, and an art project



So nesting doll week was a wonderful success with the 3 year olds.  We all colored little small, medium and large booklets...



I cut out many little nesting dolls that were used as paper dolls.


Our last art project was this cute suncatcher.  Each child got a sheet and covered it with pieces of tissue paper.  We then folded it in half.  Nesting doll faces were colored and glued to scrapbook paper headscarves.  I hot glued the body shapes on top... I had trouble with regular glue not sticking to the contact paper.  I love the faces... you never know what you will get with 3 and 4 year olds.  I like the inhibition.  By the time they move up to the 4 and 5 year old class there is lots of talk about staying in the lines (from the children).  



I pinned them to yarn on my front door and I just love them.  Check out the pdf with the patterns for these projects here... http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Nesting-Doll-Activities
Next week... we are switching over to PEEPS!  It's that time of year and I've got all sorts of ideas for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment