Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Monday, February 25, 2013

Nesting doll flannel board




Well this is exciting... I'm finally opening my shop at teachers pay teachers.  You don't have to be a teacher to register and buy my pdf.  It is going to have patterns for all sorts of things in it.  You can see it here... http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Nesting-Doll-Activities  It is $6.50... you will get all sorts of cute little printables with it.

Today's project is a set of nesting dolls to use on a magnet board or flannel board.  You can use them for a mobile, a Christmas ornament.  I will show you lots of different ideas.  My original dolls are in the pdf, you can also use the patterns to make your own.


I based the dolls on the matryoshkas in the book The Littlest Matryoshka by Kathryn Brown.  I ordered mine from Amazon.
I cut out the felt shapes and added yellow and white polka dot scarves on their heads.
I'm mixing felt and paper for this project which I think looks really cute.


the pdf has the dolls faces, you will need to color them if you make your own.  I attached everything with plain old glue.


Here are the finished dolls.  I just love them.  They would be darling ornaments or bookmarks.  In the pdf you will get a scanned copy of these, and patterns to make your own.



Come back tomorrow for more ideas and examples... I can't wait to share them with you!  Oh yes, and please feel free to pin these!  My nesting doll pinterest board is here... http://pinterest.com/jenni_swenson1/matryoshka/

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jenni,
    Your little dollies are absolutely adorable. Thanks so much for sharing a delightful tutorial. You are one amazing gal.
    Blessings and smiles,
    Carolynn xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to make a birthday card using your pattern for my grand daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popped over from 'I should be mopping', these are so cute, good luck with your shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this! My mom used to always give me a new Russian nesting doll for Christmas so they hold such a special place in my heart. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet!!! Love the colors you choosed! Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial!
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete