Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Thursday, December 6, 2012

fuzzy snowmen


I have a bunch of nieces and nephews and I just adore them.  Last year, 3 of them moved away from Minnesota to Texas.  We miss them sooooo much.  One of the things they really miss about Minnesota is snow.  So I decided to send them a blizzard in a box this December.
I have knit snowmen before, but these are much quicker.  Start out with styrofoam balls... I used 5 inch and 3 inch balls.


Wrap them with any white yarn... I used a fuzzy eyelash yarn from Michael's.  I used a little hot glue to secure the yarn at the end.



To make the snowmen's faces, I used black pompoms and orange felt for the carrot.  I cut a rounded cone out and hot glued it together for the carrot nose.
I knit up a little scarf and hat for each snowman.  If you can't knit, use a baby sock for the hat.  Cut out some felt or some fabric for the scarf.






Come back tomorrow and see how they got all packaged up for their trip to Texas!  I will be sharing this idea and lots more on Fox 9 Saturday morning at 8:45 a.m.  If you live in the Minneapolis area I hope you will tune in. 


p.s.  Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband.  I love you lots!  The picture below shows him carving pumpkins for my preschoolers... that's the kind of guy he is!




2 comments: