Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Christmas tree


Today's ornament is a Christmas tree made out of fabric scraps.  Start by sewing 1 inch strips together to make a patchwork piece.


Cut the piece into a simple tree shape and sew the layers together.  I hand sewed mine, but you can use your sewing machine too.  I put in a little stuffing inside before I sewed them up.


I embellished the tree with pompoms, ricrac and a little loop of baker's twine.  




Are you feeling merry yet?  I'm ashamed to say that the Christmas decorations are slowly coming out at my house.  It's so much work... I don't like to wait til after Thanksgiving!  If you would like to see last year's tree, check it out here... http://jennicanknit.blogspot.com/2011/11/christmas-tree-ornament.html


1 comment:

  1. So cute! You always make everything look so easy and doable!
    xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete