Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Tie dye


Happy Saturday morning!  I'm back from a week at the cabin.   We had gorgeous weather every day... hot and sunny.  I sat in the water for hours and hours.  My little niece and I made countless sand pies and cakes.  Love family time like that.
Of course we crafted too.  One of the things we do every year is tie dye.  It just never gets old.  It's so much less messy when you can do it on a dock.  (But your backyard with buckets works too.)  I've found that the kits you can get at the crafts store work great.  I love the little bottles they come with.  The toddlers in our group filled them up with water over and over afterwards.


Here are a bunch of the rugrats on the dock.  There are 20 of us there at once and it gets crazy.  My hands were dyed for days!
There are lots of different methods of rubber banding your shirts... this one has been rolled into a little disc.  Get the shirt wet before dying... I had the little kids tell me which colors they wanted.


When all the shirts are dyed, we wrapped them in newspaper and let the sit in the sun for the day.  Unwrapping them the next day is big fun.  Everyone wants to see what they look like...


so we hang them up on the clothesline... a tie dye art gallery!



  
My parents got into the action too... and then we had the pleasure of taking a big group picture.  It never works.  Everyone gets mad and complains.  I don't get it... but it happens every time.




Are you on instagram?  My user name is thevintageumbrella.  Such a fun way to share little snapshots of your life!

6 comments:

  1. You lucky girl to have such a great family. It looks like you all had a fun time. I love the shirts...so cute ! vicky ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are soooo right... I am thankful for them every day!

      Delete
  2. No other word will do...GROOVY!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. so completely amazingly fun!! my eight year old asked if we could tie-dye this evening...I told him NO... but you make it look so fun, maybe we will have to try! I'm so glad you are INSTAGRAM!!! yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun. They look great and it looks like you all had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look fun and like everyone had a blast!

    ReplyDelete