Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Monday, July 9, 2012

You are my sunshine...


I really love turquoise and yellow together, don't you?  I had a great stamp set from Darcie's http://darcieheater.typepad.com/ that I wanted to use to make thank-you notes.  I stamped the images and sewed them onto small office tags.



I stamped "you are my sunshine" on the inside and added a strip of coordinating paper.




I love sewing on cards... and it is so easy!
For the square card, I gathered up some of my yellow and turquoise scraps and pieced them together.  The velvet flower embellishments came from Archiver's... 



Last of all, these flat, scalloped notes are from Archiver's.  I added the message, a strip of paper and a few rhinestones.  They are the perfect size to use when sending a couple photos.




My readers are my sunshine!  They make me happy when skies are grey...

6 comments:

  1. I have never tried sewing on paper but I do like the look every time I see it! I have to get the machine out this week and so I'm going to try it. Do you know the size needle you are using to go through the tag and paper?

    Thanks!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute especially with the yellow rick rack. I've never sewn on paper either. Do you have to use a special needle? I love the way they turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute ! vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards. I will have to try the sewing on paper.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously should not be permitted to read your blog after 1AM-- because I want to go make stuff after looking at your inspiration! These are fantastic!!!! Sewing on paper is the main reason I want to learn how to sew. Can I come to your place for lessons? :):)

    ReplyDelete