Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Thursday, June 28, 2012

wooden bead 4th of July necklace



Today's project is a fun one to do with your kids.  All you need is the wooden beads you find at the craft's store and some twine.
First you are going to paint the beads.  Now that my girls are home for the summer, there is always someone who wants to paint for me.  They would never admit it... but they are all pretty crafty!


I stuck toothpicks in the beads so they were easier to paint.  Once the beads were dry, I added polka dots with an eraser.  You could also use a toothpick, or a small paint brush.  I've seen them dipped in paint halfway which was cute too.  Doesn't really matter!



I decided to string the beads on red and white baker's twine.  You can use whatever you have in the house... yarn, string, cord.  



What a cute project for a couple dollars!  Your kids will love making them for everyone!  Don't forget to tune in Saturday morning on fox 9 http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/ at 7:45 a.m.  I will be sharing this project and lots more!


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful idea! I think I will pack up the suplies and have the kids make them when we go camping next week.

    I cannot tell you how much I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Simple and festive! I hope you'll add this to my Patriotic Project Parade. I would love to see them there.

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/06/patriotic-project-parade-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. super! terrific! fun! festive!!!!! :):) and I love those bingo cards... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, izzy did that. Not you #liar

    ReplyDelete