Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Monday, July 8, 2013

Rainbow mobile


I'm appearing on Fox 9 this morning at 9:35.  If you are visiting after seeing my segment this morning, be sure to put your email into the FOLLOW BY EMAIL box at the top of the page.  I do crafty posts around 4 or 5 times a week.  If you would like more inspiration, follow me on pinterest here... http://pinterest.com/jenni_swenson1/boards/

Today's project is a rainbow mobile.   I got the paint here... http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/product/productDet.jsp?productItemID=1%2C689%2C949%2C371%2C893%2C641&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395181113&bmUID=1373033119365
These roll on painters are a great way to use paint with kids without the big mess.  I've used them with my preschoolers and they love them!


I cut out 2 rainbows out of watercolor paper.  I drew lines on the rainbows with black sharpie.  I think I use a black sharpie for something every day.  Love them.


Paint!


I made 2 rainbows so that my mobile will look cute from both sides.  Next, I cut rainbow colored ribbon into 12 inch pieces.  These are glued on the back of one of the rainbows.




I used hot glue to glue the pieces together... before I glued the rainbows shut, I stuffed them with polyfil.




Come back tomorrow to see how I dyed the rainbow pasta!

3 comments:

  1. Those are great! I am a Guide Leader with a group of Rainbows and this would be wonderful :) It's going on my Pinterest board! Also, I've nominated you for the Liebster blog award: http://littleknittle.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/the-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your rainbow mobile it's so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dau and I made this the other day. Turned out really neat! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete