Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

dyed pasta


It's rainbow week!  Today's project is dyed pasta.  You can use this fun stuff for craft projects, sensory tables, necklaces... the possibilities are endless!
 To make it you will need pasta (uncooked), food coloring, plastic bags and rubbing alcohol.


I used rings for mine but you can use whatever pasta you would like.  Pour your pasta into a plastic bag.  Cover it with rubbing alcohol.  Add food coloring until you get the color you like.
My nieces and nephews helped me with this messy project.


At first the color isn't very bright, but as it sits overnight, it becomes saturated.



I dumped the extra dye and rubbing alcohol out of the bags, and then let the pasta dry for a few hours.

I made a necklace with mine...


and I glued it on paper to make a collage!



No comments:

Post a Comment