Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Swirled cupcakes


On Saturday, Hannah and I spent the whole day in the kitchen.  We made the cutest cupcakes for Easter.  I bought the cupcake set on sale at Sur la Table.  That store is such a temptation.


We made the basic Sandra Lee cake recipe (basically a vanilla cake mix with vanilla pudding added).  Once it was mixed up, we divided the batter into 3 bowls.  We colored each bowl of batter with a different color of food coloring.


We spooned the batter into the cupcake liners and swirled the colors together with a toothpick.


They turned out so cute!


I got out my frosting gun and we frosted, sprinkled and decorated the cupcakes.   When I frost cupcakes, I use 2 containers of store bought frosting, and I add 4 cups powdered sugar, 4 tbs of butter, and mile until I get the right consistancy. 


Adorable!   

No comments:

Post a Comment