Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Dala horse garland


I'm not Swedish but I just love dala horses.  Last year, I stitched an ornament out of felt.  I also made some cards using a dala horse stamp.  This year, I'm using an image of dala horses that I bought from Etsy to make a garland.  You can find the image here... http://www.etsy.com/listing/79618589/diy-dala-horse-garland-rainy-day?ref=sr_gallery_5&ga_search_query=dala+horse+garland&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all


I printed the illustrations out on my computer at home.  I then took them to the Fed Ex store and had them copied onto cardstock.  I enlarged some too.  After I cut them out, I ran them to the laminator at the Fed Ex store.


I punched a hole onto each side and ran a ribbon through them.  



They just might be my favorite decoration that I've made this year! 

3 comments:

  1. How cute! My daughter bought a Dala horse at a garage sale this year-- she'll love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! These are adorable. I love them!
    -liZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest garland EVER! My daughter turns 2 next month and I'm leaning towards a Dala Horse theme - I might have to take a whack at this garland for it!

    ReplyDelete