Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

lovie blankie


We have lots of babies being born around here... and what is better than that?  I've been making lots of little lovie blankies for them.  Lovies are little small blankies to take in the car, and just drag around in general.  They are quick and easy and don't take much fabric to make.
First you gather up a bunch of ribbon scraps.  I pin them on each end of the blankie.


Don't skip the pins... the ribbons will slide all over if you do.  Sew the ribbons on.  I know people are going to ask about the cupcake and dachsund ribbon... I got it here http://www.jcarolinecreative.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc


Next sew the wrong sides of the fabric together.  I like to use flannel on one side and minkee on the other... JoAnn's has lots of different colors.  Leave a hole and turn the blankie inside out.


Press it and topstitch it...

and you have an adorable little baby gift.  



2 comments:

  1. Love you lovies. I have made a crochet version of these. You can see them here www.lazydaisycrochet.blogspot.com. I have a piggy and a plain one. I am in the middle of working up some cuties for Easter.

    ReplyDelete