Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Monday, January 23, 2012

Very Hungry Caterpillar baby sweater



Oh my goodness.  Do I love today's project!  When I was a teacher, I loved to take children's illustrations and make them into art projects.  I've taken that skill and started doing applique on my knitted items.  Remember the invitations for the baby shower?  Well, this is my gift for the baby.


The sweater pattern is the baby surprise jacket found here... http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-surprise-jacket
I think it is my very favorite pattern to knit.. lots and lots of garter stitch.  you can use up lots of your pretty little leftover balls of wool and end up with a beautiful little sweater.


If you live in the Minneapolis area, and you would like to learn to make this sweater, I would be happy to teach it to you.  I would do this project with a group too.  Thanks for visiting!


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how adorable! That's precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenni, It turned out so great. It will definitely be a hit at the shower and of course the motif for the shower!!!! Super job! xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinned this! LOVE it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG!!!!

    ReplyDelete