Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Monday, December 26, 2011

Ric rac makes life cuter...


Did you have a nice Christmas?  Ours was wonderful, but yesterday 3 out of 5 of my family members got the flu.  Not me, thank goodness.  Today, I'm taking down the tree and getting things back to normal around here.   The hats I'm sharing today are made from my sock monkey pattern.  http://jennicanknit.blogspot.com/2011/12/sock-monkey-hat.html  Instead of adding the sock monkey details, I added a little owl to each hat.




These were made for my daughter's reading buddies at her school.   This time of year is my favorite time to knit... if you want to learn and you live in the twin cities area, send me a message.  I charge $15 an hour, and I can do group lessons too.


Isn't that the truth?!

5 comments:

  1. I have some of that vintage Wright's Rick Rack in a jade color and a bluish color! I love it but will never use it because I love the packaging so much! Do you use yours? ~ Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. These hats are so cute! Yes, I agree everything (well, most everything) is cuter with Rick Rack. I love your sweet owl! I so wish I could knit. Do you travel to Ut for lessons? lol! I have a friend that said she would teach me. Just need to DO it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hats are too stinkin' cute and yes, ric rac makes life cuter. You have some VINTAGE ric rac there! Thanks for the add.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigosh, they are so cute! Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and for your very kind comment. I love all the colors in your blog -- so cheerful, especially at this time of year, when winter can be one grey day after another here in NJ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my site (www.potholesandpantyhose.com) ! I'm so glad that you did and that you like my project (Pretty Paper Xmas Trees) from last week.
    I love your hats-they are stinkin' cute. And yes-ric rac makes life so much cuter. I inherited a big box of it from Grandma and try to incorporate it into most all of my sewing projects. There's just something about it that screams vintage, better times, etc.
    Have a great day and a great New Years!

    ReplyDelete