Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Umbrella ornament

Greetings from Colorado.  I spent the whole day in the car... kept myself busy with yarn, felt, embroidery floss.  I'll have some cute projects to share with you after this road trip.  We should get back to Minnesota some time tonight.  Thank goodness!
Have you noticed I have a thing for umbrellas?  Today's ornament represents one of my very favorite things... an umbrella. 


First I cut a pattern... I just looked at a picture and cut.


Next I hand stitched 3 pieces on each umbrella with dmc floss.  How many of you went through a cross stitch phase?  I started when I was in 5th grade and did it for years.  My parents indulged me and hung my cross stitch "works of art" all over our house. 


Next I stitched up the edges and stuffed them.  I added my favorite candy cane pipe cleaners as the umbrella handle.




To make the card I stamped an umbrella with one of my favorite sets from papertrey ink... http://www.papertreyink.com/


I matted the image on red cardstock... cute!  Thank-you so much for visiting... hope your day is sunny!



1 comment:

  1. The umbrella is precious and so perfect for you! Using the pipe cleaner as the "handle" is really clever ~ no surprise that you would think of something that clever, Jenni!

    ReplyDelete