Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Paper Christmas banner


I made this cute little Christmas banner last year out of vintage Christmas cards.  I couldn't bear to cut them up, so I color copied them.


Mount them on cardstock, punch holes in the corners and string ribbon through them... easy!


I made this banner for my mom's retirement party... she was a teacher.


I hung these from my dining room chandelier.

 Look at the Goodwill for cute old picture books.  Don't feel guilty... you can cut them up!


I used this vintage illustration to decorate this cute bag from http://www.etsy.com/shop/heyyoyo  Don't forget... Heyyoyo is giving away an adorable Thanksgiving prize... check it out here...http://jennicanknit.blogspot.com/2011/10/advent-calendar-part-2.html  Leave a comment, make sure you are a follower and you are entered!


Check back tomorow and see a thrift store wreath transformed!


3 comments:

  1. What an ingenious idea! I love using old cards again and this inspires me to pull out last year's cards for a little extra use this year. Thanks, Jenni, for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hang mine up again! Thank you, Jenni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable with the white pom pom things--look like snowballs :)). Where did you get the vintage Christmas cards?

    ReplyDelete