Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Friday, September 30, 2011

Let's knit fair isle!































Hi everyone!  This month I am taking part in a blog hop at http://theinspiredroom.net/  She is challenging bloggers to post 31 days in a row.  Each week will have a different theme... week one is yarn, week 2 is Halloween, week 3 is paper and week 4 is Christmas.  I hope you will join me!


Most of you know how much I love to knit... pretty much my favorite activity.  I learned 3 years ago after sitting way too many hours at the hockey rink.  It is such a great, portable activity... especially when you sit at lots of kid's activities.  
My knitting teacher Andrea taught me everything I know... including knitting fair isle.






I love color, which makes fair isle knitting especially fun... Before I start I usually make a chart on graph paper giving me an idea for the pattern.


I knit these this summer...I'm mailing them to a very special friend for her birthday.  (Hi P.W.!)


These were a summer project too... I can't wait to wear them this winter!


I made this for my niece Sophia... she refuses to pull it over her head.  It is such a fun pattern to knit... you can find it here...http://www.spudandchloe.com/blog/


I'm knitting these this week for someone who happens to have 8 grandchildren.  I found the fair isle pattern here...http://www.ravelry.com/designers/sandra-jager  She has so many fun charts to choose from!


I would love it if you would follow me... or subscribe to my emails...  xoxo  Jenni

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Well done!
    greetings from Holland,
    Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do a beautiful job! I love to knit too...though I am sewing more these days. Thanks for sharing! Cute background for your blog, too!! HPS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm OVER the MOON and praying you don't have another friend with PW initials with a birthday coming up!!! Amen!!! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy oh boy, what an ambitious challenge you've gotten involved in. Good luck with it. I love the mittens - so colorful!

    ReplyDelete