Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Friday, September 30, 2011

Let's knit fair isle!

Hi everyone!  This month I am taking part in a blog hop at http://theinspiredroom.net/  She is challenging bloggers to post 31 days in a row.  Each week will have a different theme... week one is yarn, week 2 is Halloween, week 3 is paper and week 4 is Christmas.  I hope you will join me!

Most of you know how much I love to knit... pretty much my favorite activity.  I learned 3 years ago after sitting way too many hours at the hockey rink.  It is such a great, portable activity... especially when you sit at lots of kid's activities.  
My knitting teacher Andrea taught me everything I know... including knitting fair isle.

I love color, which makes fair isle knitting especially fun... Before I start I usually make a chart on graph paper giving me an idea for the pattern.

I knit these this summer...I'm mailing them to a very special friend for her birthday.  (Hi P.W.!)

These were a summer project too... I can't wait to wear them this winter!

I made this for my niece Sophia... she refuses to pull it over her head.  It is such a fun pattern to knit... you can find it here...http://www.spudandchloe.com/blog/

I'm knitting these this week for someone who happens to have 8 grandchildren.  I found the fair isle pattern here...http://www.ravelry.com/designers/sandra-jager  She has so many fun charts to choose from!

I would love it if you would follow me... or subscribe to my emails...  xoxo  Jenni


  1. Fantastic! Well done!
    greetings from Holland,

  2. You do a beautiful job! I love to knit too...though I am sewing more these days. Thanks for sharing! Cute background for your blog, too!! HPS

  3. I'm OVER the MOON and praying you don't have another friend with PW initials with a birthday coming up!!! Amen!!! :))))

  4. Boy oh boy, what an ambitious challenge you've gotten involved in. Good luck with it. I love the mittens - so colorful!