Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Mouse Paint ornament


Are you starting to think about Christmas shopping yet?  I've done just a little bit.  I'm slowly starting to take out my Christmas decorations too.  I enjoy decorating when I do it before the crazy rush of the holidays.
Today's storybook ornament is inspired by the book Mouse Paint.  Such a wonderful book to use when teaching children about mixing colors.  The mice jump in and out of paint colors, mixing different colors together.  The other mice books by Ellen Stoll Walsh are wonderful too.


Her illustrations are so sweet and simple... easily captured in felt!


I made a mouse, a paintbrush and a jar of paint for this ornament.



Felt is so inexpensive... around a quarter a sheet.  You can do such great things with it.  For these ornaments all I've used is felt, DMC floss and a little hot glue.


I hope you are enjoying these storybook characters as much as I am.  I'm getting excited to put together the tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment