Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Monday, July 15, 2013

sort-a-bug and bug jar




It's Monday Funday!  My segment is on at 9:35 this morning on fox 9.  This week's theme is BUGS!  My first project is a creepy crawly bug jar.  I bought all these supplies at the dollar store.  Water beads are so fun to play with.  They are messy and fun, nontoxic... and inexpensive.  I bought 3 jars to fill my mason jar.  


Wouldn't this be a cute decoration for Halloween?  Just pour them into the jar with the bugs.  When your kids want to play with them, dump them into a bin with sides and let the squish to their hearts delight.  In my preschool class, I often put them in a container with different size cups and let the kids fill them up and dump them out.  Kids just love sensory activities like this!


Kid's scoop up the bugs with the scoops and sort them into the different jars.  Such a fun learning activity for kids of all ages!




Come back tomorrow for coffee filter butterflies!


No comments:

Post a Comment