Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Thursday, July 18, 2013

bug mobile


It has been HOT in Minnesota.  I'm up early getting ready to go to Crazy Days in Excelsior.  It's a yearly tradition with my wonderful friend Kay.  We love the deals.  More than anything we love hanging out together for the morning.
Today's project is a bug mobile.  You can get an even better look at it in my Fox 9 segment here... http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/22842692/crafting-with-bugs-and-water-beads
I used my large circle punch to make the bumblebees.


The wings are hearts!


The ladybugs are a scallop punch.  I used smaller punches for the head and dots.



The butterflies are cut freehand.


I have to give credit to my husband for putting the mobile together.  We used 2 embroidery hoops and fishing line to string them together.  I'm definitely hanging this up in my classroom!  


2 comments:

  1. I just ADORE your craft segments on the news- and I live in Knoxville, TN! You are ADORABLE- and your ideas are ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with wonder woman above! seriously!!!

    ReplyDelete