Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

April showers bring May flowers...


Spring came late to Minnesota this year.  We've had lots of snow, rain, and cold.  We needed to bring a little spring into our classroom!
The first flower project I'm sharing is made with contact paper and tissue paper.  Older students can cut their own flowers, but I cut them out for my preschoolers.


Students arranged their spring gardens on 1/2 of their contact paper.  (Fold it in half first and it's easy to see the line).



They look beautiful on the windows with the light shining through.  The day I took these was very cloudy!


The next flower project might be my favorite of the year.  We were inspired by Picasso's flowers for this project.  I traced each child's hands and cut out stems, ovals and petals.


We made a pod podged group project first and then the preschoolers each made their own.



Picasso would be proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment