Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Monday, April 22, 2013

Preschool Very Hungry Caterpillars



Happy Monday!  Did you have a good weekend?  My family got to attend my daughter Hannah's sorority event Saturday night.  It was such a nice event... we had fun dancing all night!  Hannah is a Delta Gamma just like I was which couldn't make me happier.  




One of my favorite children's books is The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.  I love the cheerful bright illustrations, and I remember my girls poking their little fingers through the holes as the caterpillar eats his way through the book.  I decided to make a great big hungry caterpillar to hang on my bulletin board in the hall...


My preschoolers finger painted circles and ovals with green and yellow paint.  We looked at the amazing textures in Eric Carle's work to get inspired.  
Below are my niece and nephew lying next to it on the floor!


I bought a package of circles at Michael's that we used for a smaller version of the caterpillar.  We finger painted them red and green, let them dry and glued them together.



We added little brown feet, purple feelers, big eyes and a nose.  They turned out so cute!
 Come back tomorrow for more Eric Carle ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment