Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

More Eric Carle ideas...


One of my preschoolers favorite things is when I read stories with "props".  While reading the Hungry Caterpillar I used a sock for a puppet and cut out shapes of the food from the books.  As I told the story, the caterpillar "ate" the food through the holes.  I found this cute set on teachers pay teachers.


I made a giant version of the butterfly with paper and tissue paper.  I had the best time recreating the colors and shapes.  




We also made a flower inspired by the book The Tiny Seed.  



We aren't having any kind of spring at all, so it was fun to make some flowers to brighten up the hall.


The last Eric Carle project we did was The Grouchy Ladybug.  I was lazy and bought the ladybugs at the teacher store.  We added red and white polka dot tissue paper to them and black details.  Only one kid would make his ladybug grouchy though...  
I hope your Tuesday isn't grouchy!



No comments:

Post a Comment