Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Burlap peeps pillow and peeps brownies




It's that time of year again... bring out the peeps and let's get crafting.  I will be sharing all these ideas on  Fox 9 Saturday, March 9th at 7:45 a.m.   I can't believe it's already been a year since I first appeared on the weekend show.   
Peeps are enormously popular.  I have a large collection of peeps ideas on pinterest.  http://pinterest.com/jenni_swenson1/peeps/  
This burlap pillow was a last minute addition to my projects last year and I never shared it.  It turned out so cute.  I cut a sponge in the shape of a peep and used it to paint on the burlap.



It has a little ric rac trim.  You can't go wrong with ric rac if you ask me.


Up next is a favorite recipe that we've already made twice this year... Peeps Smore's!




  To make peeps smores, line the bottom of a 9 by 13 with graham crackers.  Bake your favorite box brownines on top.  When they are finished, take them out of the oven and top with hersheys chocolate, a peep and another graham cracker.



They are especially delicious warm!!




7 comments:

  1. That recipe looks very interesting (and sinful!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh golly! I just love peeps... I can't buy them because I can eat about 100 in a sitting... bad bad sweet tooth. I love your pillow and your treats looks divine!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I LOVE this. My guys LOVE peeps and this is such a great addition to the Easter decorating ideas!

    I'd love for you to share this at my March Madness Party.

    http://4you-withlove.blogspot.com/2013/03/march-madness-party-link-up-begins.html

    Happy Hump Day!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun! :) LOVE your pillow :-) Very cute & creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Crafts - you were featured today!!
    --Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute!

    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
    Wildly Original linky party is open

    ReplyDelete
  7. This pillow makes me smile every time I see it! Thanks so much for sharing at March Madness!

    ReplyDelete