Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Scrappy Suitcases



Hi friends!  Can you believe it's almost Halloween?  Today we are going to take a little break from Halloween so I can share this big project I've been working on for a friend.  I have so many friends who keep up with me from my blog.  Lots of family friends from Mankato, the place I grew up.  One of these family friends reads my blog every day and has asked me to make her lots of different things.


She saw these suitcases that I made last year http://jennicanknit.blogspot.com/2011/12/scrappy-suitcases.html  and asked me to make them.  All you need is your paper scraps (you know you have lots of those), a paper cutter and lots of patience.  


It's like a puzzle... you keep adding pieces as you go, with a little fussy cutting around the latches.  These suitcases were bought at Crafts Direct http://www.craftsdirect.com/  


 I did the inside too so you can pop them open and display something cute inside.  I'm working on a Christmas set for myself that I will share soon.


It was my pleasure to make these for such a lovely person.  I hope you enjoy them Juel!


6 comments:

  1. Cute idea! I'm assuming you used modge podge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful idea. Would be great to use for a themed gift box...maybe for penpals or sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the new look to your blog! Cute case too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. another awesomely delightful project... SUPER terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I just love these. I guess I will have to copy your ideas again...but I don't feel guilty...ha ha. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete