Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Mod Podged picture frame


Do you have lots of kid's art lying around?  Today I'm going to use a child's painting and mod podge it to a picture frame.
This great frame came from Craft's Direct in St. Cloud.  I have big plans for a gallery wall with photograps and kid's art... this will be a perfect addition.
I painted it a beautiful shade of blue.



I chose some scrapbook paper that would coordinate with this colorful painting by my daughter Isabelle.


I cut scraps to fit the frame, making the star of the show Izzy's painting.  I color copied it before cutting it up.  Usually paint bleeds when you use mod podge.




Just keep adding scraps until the frame is covered.  I love lots of different papers mixed together.
Cover your frame with mod podge and attach the papers.  Then add 2 coats on top, letting each coat dry.


It would be a meaningful gift too... a photograph and a handmade piece of artwork, all in one!
Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea. I love using kids artwork in new ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenni, this is such a good way to use children's
    artwork which I happen to have a ton of...love it.
    Thanks for yet another great idea.

    ReplyDelete