Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Monday, August 20, 2012

An organizing project

I've been making lots of trips back and forth to IKEA lately.  No big furniture purchases but lots of organizing stuff.  If you love ikea like I do, check out my pinterest board here... http://pinterest.com/jenni_swenson1/ikea/


Our new place is much smaller and we need to make use of every square inch.
My fabric had gotten out of control.  I swear it multiplies.  Messy.


I found this amazing antonius shelving unit for $29.99 at ikea.  





While organizing my fabric, I found a scrap piece of this dog fabric.  I decided to cover a plastic ikea tray with it.  I used outdoor modpodge so that it would be waterproof.


Mod podging fabric is so easy.  Just make sure you push the bubbles out.


I did 2 coats and let it dry overnight before putting it to use.



It's the perfect size.  I think these pictures may have to be hung in the scottie's dining nook.  Do you have any favorite IKEA products?



2 comments:

  1. When I am in Texas I visit IKEA all the time. I brought a chest that belongs in the bathroom to hold your towels but I have it in my sewing room and it holds my favorite fabrics. The door is glass so you can see inside. I get so many compliments. Next time I go I want to get a $10.00 lamp to put next to my sewing machine and they have an aqua tray with 3 bins on wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The entire store of Ikea is my favorite. I could live there...ha.

    ReplyDelete