Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

mod podge 4th of July plate




I love making mod podged plates.  The possibilities are endless and it is so thrifty.  I bought my glass plate at Wal Mart for $4.  This is important... cover the BACK with mod podge.  The images you chose for the plate will face front.


Start adding images to the back, face down so you can see them on the front of the plate.  Give the back a couple coats of mod podge.


I've been collecting my images at antique stores but you can find lots of free ones on the internet.  You can also buy them on etsy.   Once the plate is dry, you are done!  Don't submerse it in water... just wash the front off with a wet cloth.  



This wreath was one of my first vintage umbrella projects.  See it here... http://jennicanknit.blogspot.com/2011/06/fourth-of-july-wreath.html  Happy crafting!

6 comments:

  1. A great looking plate, I'm Janice your newest follower, come by and visit me some time @ spooonwither.blogspot.com...I have never did mod podge, I will have to try sometime..I really adore your plate...Happy 4th with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th of July! Just wanted to stop by & say hello. I may not comment but I visit often. Stay Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW!!!Beautiful festive Decor!!!Happy 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want it! send it to me NOW! lol!

    Happy 4th July xx

    Love Happy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so festive and fun! I NEED some of those sweet little vintage 4th of july cards. :):)

    ReplyDelete