Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Friday, June 8, 2012

burlap table runner




I really, really love this project!  I am seeing burlap all over pinterest http://pinterest.com/jenni_swenson1/ lately.  I decided to try to make my own.  Warning... this project is MESSY.  Burlap sheds all over while you are cutting and sewing it.  
I bought 3 yards of burlap and cut it in half width wise.  I have enough for 2 table runners.  
I folded the fabric under all the way around and used a zigzag stitch for a hem.  I used pink thread because I wanted it to show up.  I've seen these with the edges frayed and those are cute too.



Next I cut out 45 inch by 6 inch strips of fabric for the ruffles.  I added a little trim to each...


used a running stitch and gathered it...


and sewed the ruffles on.  


It is going to look so cute on my desert table...can't wait to use it!


4 comments:

  1. I love it!!!The trim used is very pretty!!!When I sew I have an issue with the gathering part...don't know why?....TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute colors! I learned from my 4th grade teacher: Dessert, two S's like Strawberry Shortcake! Have a fun weekend!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I hate gathering, but a short, straight run across a runner should pose no problem. I think I would probably use bleached drop cloth fabric for mine instead of burlap. Thanks for the cute idea! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this...Love the pompoms combined with the burlap.
    I have a long farm table that needs a little pick-me-up...Now, I know just what it needs...A nice long runner!
    Thanks for the inspiration, Jenni!
    Blessings,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete