Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Friday, April 27, 2012

Magnetic picture frame and magnets



This week we are making gifts for the teachers in our lives.  Today's project is sooooo cute.  I was inspired by this tin picture frame that I bought at Hobby Lobby.  I used this amazing new paper by October Afternoon http://octoberafternoon.com/  This is one of their newest lines... it just ships this week!



I cut out pieces to fit the frame... I love the scrappy, mismatchy look.  I used mod podge to attach the paper.  I should have stock in mod podge, right?




I had to add something to make the frame even cuter... bottlecap magnets!  I used a 1 inch punch and punched out scraps from the paper.  I put a little glossy accents in the bottom of each bottle cap and added the circle to the top.  On top of that, add more glossy accents.


Add a magnet to the back...


and you are done! 


Make sure you check out my pinterest board, full of teacher appreciation ideas...  http://pinterest.com/jenni_swenson1/teacher-appreciation/


3 comments:

  1. that is such a super idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I can change it up a bit for Mother's day...unless you've got a little something for Mother's Day? hmmmmm, c'mon, spill the beans!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnetic picture frames make great gifts, too. Many people don't realize that these useful magnetic photo frames are available, and they're thrilled to get a set of them.

    ReplyDelete