Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Friday, January 6, 2012

woolly felted snowmen

 I just love snowmen... I've been admiring these felted snowmen patterns by Marie Mayhew http://www.woollysomething.com/ for years.  After Christmas I needed a just for fun project and this was a perfect choice.   First you knit the snowmen using cream yarn.  White yarn doesn't felt... ask at your yarn store which would work.


Once you are done, felt them in the washing machine.  I check mine every 10 minutes or so to make sure they aren't getting to small.

While they are still wet, you stuff them.  They turn into snowmen just like magic!



I used wool scraps to make a bunch of accesories for my snowmen.  They are going to be displayed in a centerpiece... you'll see what I have planned for them tomorrow.


This is how the hats looked once they've been felted.   Come back tomorrow and see them finished and displayed!
xoxo  Jenni



4 comments:

  1. These are the cutest things yet! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am scrambling to finish them up so I can post them tomorrow. They are soooo cute! Lots of finishing details which I love. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! I can see on your blog that you are a good stylist, very creative!
    Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those accessories are just DARLING! What a cute, cute idea! : )

    I'm so impressed with your craftiness!

    Thanks SO much for linking up your awesome posts @ Feature Friday Free-for-All!

    P.S. I'm your newest follower and would be so honored if you'd follow my blogging journey as well (if you don't already! : )).

    ~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

    ReplyDelete