Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Dala horse cards and tags


If you have been reading my blog, you know that I love dala horses.  My mom needed a gift for her dear Swedish friend so I decided to make her a bunch of cards.
When you mass produce cards like this, the most important thing is to do it in steps.   First I covered small white cards with patterned paper.
Next, I stamped the images and mounted them on red cardstock.  Our wonderful friend Claire decided to color the horses for me...
Next I added a contrasting strip of paper, attached the image with mounting tape and added a little flower.



I pakaged the cards in a clear box that I ordered from papertrey ink...http://www.papertreyink.com/, tied a ribbon around it and added a dala horse ornament.  I made a little tag to go with the whole package... pretty darn cute!



Remember these mittens... I knit them on vacation this summer.  I think 10 people have offered to buy them.



In November I did a dala horse tutorial here...http://jennicanknit.blogspot.com/2011/11/dala-horse-ornament.html

3 comments:

  1. They're very cute! Now I wonder what the tradition behind them is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the whole theme, Jenni! That little yellow flower is such a nice touch to make the colors "pop" . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I loooove the mittens! And I love the felt Dala horse. I live in Dalarna, just 30 min from where the Dala Horses are made :)

    ReplyDelete