Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Nesting dolls



Hello everyone... this post was originally written for http://handmadesuccess.com/blog/ but I thought I would share it with you here if you didn't catch it...



Today we are going to be making a set of three nesting doll ornaments.  Start by drawing and cutting out a small, medium and large doll shape.    Cut out 2 pieces of felt for each doll.


 Next you are going to cut out a face for each doll, as well as a scarf and tummy.  You can cut your original pattern in half for the top and bottom.Next you are going to start stitching the felt pieces together.  I used a running stitch to make the faces and the hearts and flowers.  Stuff with polyfill and stitch closed.



You are almost done... now it is time to add ric rac.  Doesn't ric rac make everything cuter?


I glue gunned it one each dolls tummy with hot glue.  These were so cute I decided to applique one onto a simple little newborn hat...


I cut one nesting doll out for this pattern.  I embroidered the baby's name on the tummy.  It needed one more thing... a pompom!



xoxo  Jenni



2 comments:

  1. That pom pom is so darn cute!!! Lucky little OSA to be receiving such an adorable hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your website through the Paradise Knitting/Crochet Forum----Your site is delightful! I love the monkey hat pattern, that is the cutest one I have seen anywhere!! Keep up the good work and may God Bless you with a Happy Healthy New Year. M ^j^

    ReplyDelete