Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Let's Have a Picnic


 Today we are going to take a boring old picnic basket ( I can't resist them when I see them at thrift stores and garage sales) and make it special.


First I gave it a coat of lake blue spray paint... looking better already!
After the basket has dried I go through my pile of October Afternoon paper scraps.  I throw in a couple vintage images in too... do you spy the umbrella?
I just keep adding images, cutting them to fit.  When it is all arranged I apply a couple coats of mod podge.
It is as easy as that... this is coming with me to knitting today.  Check back tomorrow and see my fun project for Thrifty Thursday... here is a hint...


2 comments:

  1. Your blog is adorable....I look forward to reading your's and Suzanne's everyday! I need cute 'containers' for things around my house....you're beginning to inspire me...well, fact is, I've BEEN inspired, just not confident ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! And have fun knitting !

    ReplyDelete