Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Old Maid Vase

I love collecting old games and cards.  Do these Old Maid cards look familiar?  I swear I had them when I was a kid, and now they are "vintage".
Today I am going to use copies of these cards, along with some paper scraps from October Afternoon to make a really cute vase.

First I arrange the cards and the scraps and attach them with double sided tape.  I use copies of the cards so I can use them again.

The vase started as this ugly urn from the free box at a garage sale.  I spray painted it red with my fave red spray paint.  Big improvement, right.


After the scraps and cards have been attached to the vase, it is time to mod podge.  I put on a couple coats and let it dry overnight...

Here is the finished project, ready to use as a centerpiece for the 4th of July!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable...and those Old Maid cards TOTALLY look familiar...I saw that cowboy and thought...he looks familiar!! ;))

    ReplyDelete