Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

newspaper nests


Today's project is a thrifty one... I didn't buy a thing to create it.  I've been intrigued by the newspaper nests I've been seeing on pinterest and decided to try them out.  I have lots of bird ideas on pinterest, check them out here... http://pinterest.com/jenni_swenson1/a-little-bird-told-me/
To make the nest you will need mod podge or watered down glue, saran wrap and recycled book pages, cut into strips.  I have an old reader that was really beat up that I used for this project.
Cover a bowl or a container with saran wrap.  I used a tomato container for my first try.  Cover it with mod podge, and then cover with newspaper strips.  Smooth the strips down as you go.  This is messy!



Let them dry overnight and then pull the saran wrap away from the paper.


Voila!  A bird's nest!


I decided to make some small ones too...


 I love them with the robin's eggs from yesterday!  Did you print my free newsprint birds yet?  Find them here... http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Newsprint-birds


No comments:

Post a Comment