Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

May Baskets part 2



It's May Day tomorrow!  Are you planning on making baskets with your kids?  At preschool we are using tissue paper dots to make baskets out of paper cups.  Simple and cute.  I already had all the supplies!







We also made May baskets out of paper.  We made tulips using cardstock, striped straws and paper leaves.  We glued them together with tacky glue and let them dry face down on wax paper.  Next we made little flowerpot shaped "baskets" by gluing around the bottom 3 sides, leaving the top open.  When the preschoolers flowers dried, they could put them in the basket.



Simple and fun!  Do you notice that my little 3 year olds are trying to write their names on their papers?  They are so proud.  I'm excited to have the summer off but I will miss those adorable little faces!
Come back tomorrow for teacher appreciation ideas!   



3 comments:

  1. I just adore everything about these!!!!!! So darling! I would love to get one of these on my front door tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your May baskets for children! I have happy May Day memories from childhood. It is so fun to welcome Spring and celebrate flowers. Please come by and link this post to Artsy Play Wednesday (along with any other arts, crafts and play posts for children).

    ReplyDelete