Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Monday, December 3, 2012

peg doll matching game


Today's project is a perfect present for a little girl.  I have tested it out at preschool with 3 and 4 year olds and they absolutely love it.  You will need wooden cups and peg dolls.  I bought mine at Michael's.  I also mod podged a little box to put them in.
I painted a cup and a peg doll in matching colors with craft paint.  I didn't do anything fancy... just basic colors and a few simple patterns.



I sprayed them with a sealer before I added eyes with a sharpie.  It gives them a shiny coat too.  Make sure you do it outside because it smells terrible.


To play the game, you match a peg doll with a cup.  Little children absolutely love these.  They line them up, dump them out of the cups, carry them around...



I put them all in this cute little mod podged box!  


7 comments:

  1. These are adorable...Just posted on Craft Gossip!! Thanks for the suggestion!

    http://lessonplans.craftgossip.com/?p=7318

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are to cute, but think I will also 'dress' the dolls as boys....why not? These would be a perfect toy on a trip, whether its plane/train or automobile. But I am really glad to see you on Craft Gossip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply adorable! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenni, I just found your adorable "peg dolls" on Craft Gossip. So sweet, and just the thing for my little granddaughter, Chloe Jane to play with "quietly" in church.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Nettie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute!!! I love these dolls and the matching game is a precious idea. I can see my 4 year old niece carrying these dolls and cups everywhere. Thanks for sharing a perfect idea!

    ReplyDelete