Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Scarecrow pumpkin


I just love today's project.  It's a scarecrow made out of 2 pumpkins.  I originally saw it in a magazine... made out of real pumpkins and put into an urn.  I decided to make mine out of funkins (fake pumpkins).  I got mine at Michael's for around $5-$10 dollars.  They get really cheap after Halloween but where do you store them?!  They are big!  I think they look pretty real though, especially when you stick them in with other authentic pumpkins.


Back to my project... Bob got involved with this one.  He is a pumpkin carving genius.  Never wanted to try the fake ones, but he really liked working with them.  I'm going to try to talk him into one more funkin project this month.  We did this one the night before my t.v. appearance.  I always wait til the last day to do one elaborate project.  I don't know why I do it to myself...


He cut a little hole at the bottom of the smaller pumpkin and set it on top of the larger one.  I added buttons with hot glue, and a red burlap collar.



He carved the face for me.  I always want my pumpkins cute... he favors the drowning pumpkin, the wormy, the joker with a terrifying face.  He gave in and made it sweet and silly.



We put a little grey felt behind the carved face and added googly eyes and a vintage spool for the nose.


I found the little black top hat at Michael's with the Christmas stuff.  We added twig arms too.  


Isn't he fun?  I'll be featuring him again later this month!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I will be looking for pumpkins at after-halloween sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Bob is ready for his own craft blog!

    ReplyDelete