Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thrifty Thursday... Vintage Children's Books

One of my favorite things to collect is vintage children's books.  I love their sweet illustrations and bright colors.  A great way to use them is to make cards from the illustrations...
I color copy the pages first... i hate to cut them up...  these are from a book called Tubby Turtle by Helen Wing, illustrated by Helen Adler.  
I cut the illustrations and matted them on colored cardstock, add some patterned paper and embellishments...


 

Baker's twine is great to use on cards because it isn't bulky when you mail it.


This one would be cute for a get well card... look at those concerned faces.



When I'm done, I packaged them up in a cellophane bag, tied with a couple ribbons, added a made by Jenni sticker, and I've got a little gift ready to go!



I'm getting awfully close to 10,000 views... remember I promised a pair of handknit mittens to one reader?  I hope you will share my blog with a friend or post a link on facebook... I am so appreciative of every one of you!



3 comments:

  1. I agree with the 2 kittens and duck being a good get-well card! I can see it saying..."heard the news that you're under the weather" as it looks like the duck is telling all about it! ;)))) I love the vintage childrens books, also....we found (during my parent's move) an old childrens book of my DAD'S!! So cute! It's almost falling apart....wonder how much it costs to have a books 'restored'....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. .....Ok, it's a PUPPY and one kitten...my glasses are ON now ;))

    ReplyDelete