Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Saturday, November 9, 2013

rakes and leaves art project


I just love fall.  In Minnesota, November starts to feel like winter.   Although we got snow this week, there are still some leaves left on the trees.  I'm always sad when the branches are bare!  This week in preschool we took another look at fall leaves.  Lakeshore Learning http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/ was nice enough to send me some fall crafting materials... I want to share a couple fun projects with you.

Almost every art project I come up with involves construction paper.  I love the quality and colors in their papers! http://products.lakeshorelearning.com/search#w=construction%20paper


 I sat with some willing preschoolers and ripped up some "leaves"  out of construction paper.


First the children covered the bottom half of their paper with glue.  They added the "leaves" to their paper.
We made simple rakes out of yellow construction paper.  The preschoolers drew the lines on their rakes.


I hung them on my clotheslines in the hallway with some fall leaf cutouts.


Lakeshore also sent me this Tree Shapes craft kit.  My preschoolers couldn't wait to get their little hands on all the fun materials in this kit.


I divided the supplies up by seasons and they glued to their heart's content!


Happy crafting!





No comments:

Post a Comment