Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Saturday, May 5, 2012

School Supply Cake


If you saw my appearance on fox 9 http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/ this morning, welcome.  I do a little bit of everything on this blog...
If you are a regular visitor, thank-you so much for checking in.  I can't tell you how much I love all my blogging friends.  Teacher Appreciation week starts Monday, May 7th.  If you are looking for more ideas, check out my pinterest board here... http://pinterest.com/jenni_swenson1/teacher-appreciation/
Today, I'm going to share my favorite project from my appearance this morning... the teacher supply cake.  I started with 3 round boxes from Michael's.   I spray painted them with banner red Krylon spray paint.


For the first layer of the cake, I alternated crayons and glue.  I stuck them on with 3d tape and added a ribbon around them to make sure they were on tight!




For the next layer, I alternated glue sticks and chalk.  I put a little hot glue on the supplies and also between the boxes to make sure they were secure.



The top layer has some pencils, and some more glue and crayons.  I added some ric rac and some clothespins to embellish.








7 comments:

  1. Jenni ~ Seriously??? Could you be any more adorable??? That segment this morning was a&w-some!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love love love ALL your ideas!!!!! The school supply cake is really fabulous!!!!! I was super excited to know that you are going to be back on Fox 9 ~ sounds like that might turn into a regular gig? They are lucky to have you! (Michael's, JoAnn's, and Target would be lucky, too, if you were their Craft Spokesperson!)
    Thanks for bringing a bright spot to this dreary, gray morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy... you are the best! You have a way of making me feel soooo wonderful every time I talk to you! xoxo Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! What a great idea for teacher appreiciation or for first day of school! Thanks for sharing!

    Visit me at: http://shawnkaraandheidi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved how they called you "our crafts person" this morning! The show was great and you looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenni,You are one creative lady. What a cute idea! Congrats on the tv story. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a genius! I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a Great gift for teachers!Love it!

    ReplyDelete