Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

MONSTERS LOVE COLORS flannelboard



Did you see my rainbow segment on Monday?  Here is the link if you would like to see it... http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/22783439/roygbiv-with-jenni-swenson
While I've had time off this summer, I've been adding to my collection of flannelboard stories.  Any preschool teacher will tell you that 3-5 year old children just love them.
It takes just the right book to make a flannel board and this book, MONSTERS LOVE COLORS  by Mike Austin was a perfect choice. http://www.amazon.com/Monsters-Love-Colors-Mike-Austin/dp/006212594X


Color mixing is a endlessly fascinating subject to preschoolers.  The monsters in this story scribble colors together to color their grey monster friend.


When I use this at preschool we will definitely mix paint together when we are through reading.


The illustrations couldn't be cuter.  I can't wait to read it to my preschoolers in the fall!


1 comment:

  1. Man, I wish I had known about this book when we did our Monsters University Week! This flannel board idea is wonderful... :0)

    ReplyDelete